This list is dynamic and will continue grow. I hope it will help you as much as it has helped me!
- A must before your fast! It will explain what to expect physiologically before, during, and after a cleanse. When crazy things happened during my fast, I knew what it was and that it was normal - and not to panic! The last section is about the spirituality of fasting it with a Christian angle. If that's not your cup of tea, then simply don't read those chapters.
- Highly recommended, scientifically peer-reviewed research.
- A must during your fast!
- Supersize Me
- Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
- Can be streamed on Netflix
- Gillian McKeith is trained in naturopathy and is a dietician. In her show, she takes obese people, shows them exactly what they've been eating (down to the raw ingredients - hot dogs anyone?), changes it to whole foods, and the results are astounding! I don't think it's being filmed anymore, and it looks like you can join some "club" on her website. Either way, it's a great show worth watching if you can catch an episode or two.
By the way, there was an unflatering picture that was recently going around of her on the internet making the claim that "If this is what you look like eating healthy, then I don't want anything to do with it." She has scoliosis, and it was not caught in time when she was a child to correct it. McKeith has talked about the pain she suffers caused by the scoliosis in several articles. And despite all of this, she still pushes through it and is successfully helping others with their health.
- This documentary is to the point, which I highly recommend. They do compare slaughter houses vs. natural farming. If that bothers you, then only watch the section that talks about the FDA and the decision makers. It will open your eyes!
- Can be streamed on Netflix
- Glamour Magazine: I tried it: A Pre-Wedding Juice Cleanse! (My Results Will Surprise You)
- Spa Magazine: Anatomy of a 7-Day Juice Fast
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Clean 3-Week Detox Diet
- According to some sources, she has been diagnosed with some early form of osteoporosis, and some experts have attributed this to her diet. Please be cautious.
- This site is full of articles, blogs, and testimonials. He does sell tonics on his site, so that always raises flags for me. Just use your best judgement.
- Ron Lagerquist's website and books really helped me for my first fast. He provides practical guidance on the technical and spiritual aspects of long-term fasting. The information is high-level and easy to understand for beginners. He does have a Christian angle.
- Documentary maker Nicky Taylor gains 7 pounds (.5 stone) in 30 days from binge drinking. I realize many of us don't binge drink, but I am sure that if we spread out over a year the amount she drank in those 30 days, we can gain just as much weight by the end of that year.
- This looks like a very credible article. The author uses many articles from peer-review medical journals! I highly recommend you read this.
- I guess ultimately life is about balance. This is a good reminder to find that.
Fellow Blogs - Some Juicers and Some Weight Loss
- This is my blog for my first 40-day juice fast
- Highly recommended. His blog is a lot like mine. He's not out to sell anything. He only wants to put the information into your hands.