Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 38: Store-Bought Apple Cider vs. Fresh Juices Experience

EDIT: Please read my Nearly 3 Years Later: 3 Broken Bones & 200+ Pounds - The Long-Term Effects of Juice Fasting update before considering juice fasting.  I hope that my experience will provide you with real-world information about long-term juicing.



Stats:
Weight: 145.6
BMI: 33.8 %

The craziest thing happened yesterday.  So I am getting a tad lazy these last few days of the fast, and I bought a jug of apple cider from the store, which is pasteurized.  Right after I drank some of it, I had tummy rumblings and flatulation.  Here's what's so interesting: I juice apples all of the time, and nothing happens to me; I just go about my day and don't think twice about it.  Why is it so different?  Now when I think about it, I even remember having regular, store-bought, pasteurized apple juice in the past and having the same tummy issues.  But this doesn't happen with fresh apple juices that I make.  Something has to be so different that my body reacts violently to the store-bought, pasteurized juices but doesn't for the fresh juices.

So once again, fresh juices are the only way to go with a juice fast.  They truly are different from store-bought, pasteurized juices.

Last night we picked up a used Body Solid home gym set.  We found it on Craigslist.com and it was super cheap considering if we bought the same system new it would be about $5,000.  We paid a tiny fraction.  Hooray for Craigslist.com!

My significant other complained that when I was 128 pounds that I was too thin - almost boney.  So we agreed to get this so that I can tone up and hopefully won't be so gaunt looking.  He's really looking forward to using it as well.  This machine is HUGE, and I have no idea where we're going to put it.

I am super sleepy since we had to tear this thing down last night at the original owners' home and try to fit it into two vehicles last night.  We are surprised that we managed to get it all to fit!   Now the trick is going to be putting all back together. : /

Two more full days.  I think what I am looking forward to the most is some normalcy including sitting down with my significant other at the dinner table and just spending time with him over dinner.  I still walk pup, and that has been wonderful for me (and for pup - silly spoiled girl).


No comments:

Post a Comment