Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tip: Beware of the Pear!!!

Pears are full of pectin.
Beware of juicing pears!  They are full of pectin, which is a dietary fiber, and these little tasty gems will clean you out.  In fact, I am sure you can think of two or three over-the-counter drugs with some form of "pectin" in its name. 

Pears are wonderful if you think you need a little help moving things along in your bowels.  And it's natural.  Whenever I get grumpy or irritable, I throw a pear into my smoothie and by the end of the day I am back to my normal self.  The same is true when used in juices.

I once made a juice for my mentor so she could see that fresh homemade juices can be quite tasty.  Halfway home from her house, I suddenly remembered that I had put pear in the juice.  I called her immediately and said, "No matter what, if you think you have to flatulate within 30-45 minutes of finishing your drink, do yourself a favor and go to the bathroom just in case."   She just chuckled a little and said, "Oh, oooookay."

As soon as I arrived home about 30 minutes later, she called me and all she would say was, "Thank you so much for warning me!"

So, beware: If you have a pear in your juice, and your think you might have to flatulate within 30-45 minutes of finishing your juice, go to the bathroom just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment