Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 2: I survived the first day...and it wasn't that bad

EDIT: Please read my Nearly 3 Years Later: 3 Broken Bones & 200+ Pounds - The Long-Term Effects of Juice Fasting update before considering juice fasting.  I hope that my experience will provide you with real-world information about long-term juicing.


Stats:
Weight: 163.6lb
BMI: 36.3%
Metabolic age: 50

I think the 4-pound drop is pretty normal during the first few days; plus my body is still recovering from the crazy southern food that I indulged in while in Savannah last week.  The hunger pangs aren't terrible since I simply drink my juice whenever I am hungry. I had a lull of a headache yesterday and slept pretty hard despite not being to get to sleep initially.

Work and school are both stressing me out.  I wish I could be done with both.  Hopefully this juice will help my moods to level out.  I had to report an ethics violation on my boss last week since she instructed us to change the color of certain monies so that she is not connected with a certain company and can work for them.  A former sponsor of a program that I worked on has been indited doing something very similar and a lot of my former employees have been subpoenaed to testify.  I am trying to keep my nose clean while waiting for it to hit the fan.

My significant other and I talked last night about my weight.  His point was that he loved me as a person.  My point was I loathed myself being fat and am very unhappy.   He had once told me about Gwyneth Paltrow complaining about how poorly she was treated when she was in her fat suit.  I explained that when I lost the weight for the first time, suddenly people were treating me well and with respect; however things are going back to the way they were as my weight crept back up.  I told him that this is the first time I have normal social relationships and have had friends...and it's slipping through my fingers again.  I know my friends aren't shallow, but I end up in this abyss of depression and won't allow anyone to be near me.

I remember one of the doctor shows talking about that belly fat is known for absorbing hormones and causing mood swings and depression, so there is some level of physiological explanation for this phenomenon.

All in all, the first day was generally positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment